IEEE (eye triple E) represents the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. It is a legal name, and the association’s charter is under the name.
IEEE is the world largest technical professional society, and this association is dedicated to advance innovation and technological excellence. The design serves professionals involved in electrical, electronic, computing and other related areas of technology.
The Basic Structure of an IEEE Paper
Representing a paper in IEEE format is a system to attribute credit to authors whose findings, theories and facts appear in a document. IEEE format draws much from the famous Chicago referencing style. Many styles have the name of best book review writing services the author in the text, but IEEE uses a numbering system to simplify readability of the paper. The number with a text correlates to a numbered reference that appears at the tail end of the paper. The purpose is to reveal the source for each section of a paper.
It is not always a requirement to mention the name of an author, pages with information in the paper or the date of publication in the in-text citation. You will refer to a source with a number inside a square bracket  that will correspond to a full citation on the reference list.
- Place bracketed citations within line of text before punctuation with space before the bracket.
- Number the sources as cite them. Continue using the first number you use to cite a reference throughout the paper.
- Citing many sources at once: IEEE prefers a separate listing of each number in its brackets with a comma or dash between the numbers in the order similar to this: , , and . You can also list them as  – .
The reference list appears should appear at the end of the paper and provides full citations for all the references in the paper. Listing of all references should be in a numerical order matching the way in which the writer cites within his paper. The beginning of every reference should include a bracketed number.
Consider these guidelines when preparing the reference list.
- ‘References’ should be the title of your list and you should center or align left at the top of a new page.
- Create a hanging indent for every reference (with bracketed numbers) flush with a left-hand side of the page. The hanging indent highlights a numerical sequence of the references.
- Listing of an author’s name should be the first initial, last name format. For example, citing Graham Hunter will be G.Hunter but not Hunter, Graham like you would mention in some referencing styles.
IEEE uses a separate listing of articles, journals or books. The listing or an article’s title is in “quotation marks.” A journal or book title is listed in Italics.
Headings and Sub-headings
The structure of a paper in IEEE format should have clear heading and sub-headings for these sections.
- Title and its affiliations
- Experimental data and results
- The conclusions
Remember to double space all text, tables, figure captions, quotations and references with one inch margins all around. IEEE citation and referencing paper publication guidelines cover books, online sources, periodicals, technical articles, theses and any other source.