Braves vs Dodgers After losing to Braves and Dodgers, Dodgers are on the verge of elimination from playoffs
Two home runs by Eddie Rosario, including a triple in the ninth, helped the Braves win 9-2 over the Dodgers in NLCS Game 4.
Final: Braves win 9-2 and move within a game to eliminate the Dodgers from the NLCS
The Dodgers had a gut-punch in game 3, but the Braves losing weight responded with an ambush, winning Game 4 9-2 at Dodger Stadium. This gave them a 3-1 lead over the NLCS for the second consecutive year.
This was the Dodgers’ most lopsided playoff loss since last year’s NLCS Game 4, in which they were defeated 10-2, when they went down in the bottom of their ninth.
The Dodgers won the series Braves vs Dodgers last year in seven games
- However, history is not on their side.
- Only 14 of the 89 MLB teams that have ever faced a 3-1 loss in a best-7 series have won, including last year’s Dodgers.
- 9-2 Braves, top9th: Freddie Freeman and Eddie Rosario open it up for braves vs phillies vs Dodgers at the ninth
The Braves are now at the top of the ninth
After Freddie Freeman had scored a run-scoring ground rule double, Eddie Rosario completed his incredible night with a three-run homer that swung right at Tony Gonsolin.
- Rosario is now 4-for-5 tonight, with two home runs and a triple. He also has 4 RBIs.
- A few Braves fans sat behind home plate started some Tomahawk Chop chants as Dodger fans began to file out.
- 5-2 Braves, 8th: Tony Gonsolin pitches a scoreless eighth. Dodgers are down to their final three runs
Dodgers got what they needed from their bullpen. It produced its third consecutive scoreless inning, after Tony Gonsolin reacted braves vs phillies to an error in the eighth.
Their lineup has been unable to produce anything since the fifth inning with two runs, and they were thrown out in the eighth by Tyler Matzek. The Braves vs Dodgers has three chances to rally or they will be in a 3-1 hole.
5-2 Braves, 7th Place: Justin Turner leaves the field after sustaining an injury and limps off.
Dodger Stadium was alive in the seventh inning after Albert Pujols had led off with a pinch hit single. Walker Buehler took over as pinch-runner. The more than 53,000 people in attendance were silent during the next at-bat.
Justin Turner did not just roll into a double play, but he also came up limping from running to first. This was likely to be due to his left hamstring. He was accompanied by a member of the team’s staff as he walked off the field.
After Cody Bellinger’s fly out to center, the inning was over
Turner did indeed leave the game in the eighth. Steve Souza Jr. moved into right field, Mookie Bets moved to center, and Chris Taylor took over at third base.
5-2 Braves, 6th: Braves vs Dodgers in order to defeat A.J. Minter
- A.J., a Brave left-hander, was unable to overcome the Dodgers’ heart. Minter in the sixth.
- Trea Turner struck out, Corey Seager flied out and Will Smith rolled into an inning ending grounder.
- The Braves vs Dodgers will see Phil Bickford return to the mound for the start of the seventh.
5-2 Braves, mid 6th: Phil Bickford strands runner in sixth
Phil Bickford, a Dodgers reliever, took care of the sixth. He left Travis d’Arnaud with a leadoff hit. By retiring the three remaining Dodgers hitters, the Braves vs Dodgers hitters, he was able to save his experience.
This keeps the Dodgers’ lead at three, with twelve outs remaining. Left-hander A.J. is summoned to the Braves vs Dodgers. Minter to the top.